I am always a little bit suspicious of New Year - there is always so much potential for it to be an anti-climax. So I have learnt in recent years to make sure I have something planned with people I love pretty far in advance. This year turned out to be pretty much perfect!
We went to Cornwall for a weekend and stayed in the most beautiful cosy cottage in a little village called Stratton. The weather wasn't great but we still managed to get out to do things and who cares when you can snuggle up on the sofa in front of the fire reading a book watching the others do a jigsaw (haha when I was a kid that would have all sounded so boring to me, but now it is just pure relaxation!).
It really was such a chilled few days and when we got back to London all I could think about was being back there, not needing to be anywhere, reading, and eating yummy food with some of my favourite friends.
Some of the highlights were
1. A cinema outing to the most amazing little village cinema called Rebel cinema.
2. Drinks and pool at the local pub around the corner while desperately trying to connect to wifi.
3. Crazy golf in the cold and rain and not coming last (!!!) then on a hot chocolate mission to warm up.
4. Fish and Chips at Rick Steins.
5. Exploring Bude, Padstow and Boscastle
6. Windy walks on the beach
7. Heading to the end of the sea wall to watch the fireworks over Bude and welcome in 2016
It sounds like we actually did a lot but really it was the perfect amount in the time we had. I tried to carry the chilled vibes into the start of this year, I have been taking things easier and I feel like for the first time in my life I have learnt some really good lessons in self care and coming up with little rituals and routines that make me feel relaxed even in the crazy busyness that is London. I am appreciating our little snug house more than ever and going to bed early with a book is what I crave right now.
How ever you are finding to cope I hope you are enjoying January and are finding ways to relax and rest! Have a great weekend!