Little Loves // 01
I am a bit of a dreamer...and I am always dreaming up bigger and better things and sometimes I think I don't take enough time to appreciate where I am and all the good things around me. I really want to learn this year to be content. Content with where I am and what I have (and there is seriously so much to appreciate and be thankful for). In the spirit of that I am going to start a new column on the blog called 'little loves'. Each week I am going to post up what my little loves for that week have been - it will just be a collection of little everyday things that I have seen/experienced and enjoyed that week. And hopefully it will really help me to appreciate all of the wonderful things around me a little bit more. I want to learn to appreciate these smaller things and not take them for granted.
So here we go for my first week - what I loved last week.
1. These monograph cards that I found in paperchase. I really love how they all look together. I wanted to buy them all but am trying to make all my own cards at the moment...they definitely got me inspired though.
2. Making some pom pom's with some old wool I had lying around and the new pom pom maker that my mother in law gave me which makes it sooooooo easy to do!
3. Using one of the pom poms to tie up this gift for a special friend who turns 30 this year. (Its not her birthday for a few months but I like to plan ahead!) I really like wrapping with brown paper and then adding embellishments. I think all my gifts will be coming with pom poms attached this year!
4. This tree near our house that makes me feel like I might be on the west coast of America (well not really - but it is tropical right so it makes me happy!)
5. These Daf's that NM sent me at work on St Davids day the first year we were dating. After they died I left them in the garden and forgot about them and then every year since they suprise me and spring to life. I love daffodils they are really beautiful happy flowers.
5. This sky that stayed blue all weekend. It is amazing how much happiness a bit of sunshine creates. It felt good to feel some warmth on my skin!
6. Ok its a bit flower overload this week but when I was in the garden I noticed this little bush that my Dad planted 3 years ago was flowering. Little bits of beauty and nature in our concrete environment. I really am determined to give our garden some love and attention this year. I have never had 'green fingers' (in fact they have been called black in the past) but I am going to turn that around hopefully.