We don't eat out as much as we used to but over the last year I have really realised we are so so spoilt with the amazing restaurants that there are in London. Sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming but there are so many places to get a truly fantastic meal. Anyway this won't be turning into a food blog or anything but since I love food so much and this is where I live, I thought I would share my 10 favourite restaurants with you in case you live in London and hadn't heard of them or are visiting and looking for a good meal. (Quite a few of them are South of the river as that is where we live!)
1. Blanchette - oh boy - I think this has been my favourite find in London and I sort of stumbled across it with my buddy Samee. It does French sharing dishes and they are spectacular. This restaurant is small and beautifully decorated and the dishes are incredible. They are full of interesting flavour combinations and really interesting twists. And yes if you so desire you can get frogs legs (I did not desire).
2. Mildreds - this has been a long time favourite of mine ever since my brother took me. It is an excellent vegetarian restaurant and has a great reputation. The butternut squash ravioli with mushroom sauce is one of the favourite dishes I have ever had.
3. Ben's Canteen - I love going to this place with friends for brunch or dinner. They do comfort food totally spot on in a really hip and fun environment. Check out the macaroni cheese scotch egg (!!!) and their smashed avocado on toast with chorizo, poached egg and tomatoes is a thing of beauty. They also do yummy cocktails!
4. Boho Mexica - I adore Mexican food and this place has totally nailed it. Authentic Mexican food that tastes soooo good! They also do great cocktails and the vibe of the place is chilled and really friendly with lovely staff.
5. Franco Manca - This is where you need to go for the best pizza. There is only a choice of 6 but oh man they do it well! This is not the sort of place you go for a romantic date night - it is busy and popular and you can't book but it is oh so worth it. Their pizza's are all made with their special sourdough.
6. Bukowski's - Brixton village is such a fun place to go for food and this is my favourite place in London for a top notch burger. Make sure you get the tobacco onions as a side - YUM!
7. Buona Sera at the Jam - This place is really fun! It does lovely Italian food but is also pretty quirky. The actual restaurant is really small and so some of the tables involve climbing up ladders to get to them. The waiters and waitress are pretty impressive as they climb ladders delivering the food. Make sure when you book you ask for a table at the top of a ladder.
8. Flat Iron - I love it when restaurants choose one thing and do it really well. That is the case with Flat Iron - They just do one type of steak...and it is really affordable (and then some delish sides to go with it). I have never been a big steak eater and would not normally order it, but I LOVED the steak here. The restaurant is pretty small and you are all kind of crammed in but this is definitely a fun place to eat.
9. Mien Tay - These restaurants can be pretty crowded but they are popular for a reason! The food is really really good and I can highly recommend the stir fried goat with galangal! Go with friends and share, there are lots of good dishes to try!
10. East Street - This is a great place to meet friends for a relaxed bite to eat after work. Sort of canteen style, long tables. You can get alcoholic drinks in beach buckets and they have a great sharing platter...seriously - what is not to love!
Feel free to share in the comments any other restaurants that you love! I would love to try some new ones...and let me know if you go to any of these!