This week has been a bit busier than I would like. Things at work are ramping up, I am finishing a course and need to do a self counselling essay which is pretty intense. The things I have on are lovely but after a slower start to the year I am craving that slower pace again. I am still trying to keep noticing the little things around me that are lovely even when things get a bit hectic. Here are this weeks little loves.... 1. I finally got round to making this pom pom garland. You can't see it very well in this photo but I used a light yellow wool for the bits in between and then a bright yellow of the actual pom pom's. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out for a first attempt, would like to try some other colours though.
2. I read this book by Austin Kleon at the beginning of the week. It really inspired me and got me excited...and now I need to be better at sharing what I am working on. My plan for this blog has always been to show more work but it has not materialised yet. Watch this space. (and read this book because it is amazing)
3. Got to have a quick brunch with this beauty, and here she is wearing the snood I knitted her. My knitting skills are basic but I am in love with making these big chunky knit snoods. She requested a green and it looks so good on her.
4. These pink petals on the floor. Although they were starting to rot they looked so pretty and almost like confetti.
5. Spending time with family and going for a walk with these guys. I miss them already. I love living in London but sometimes I just want to gather all the people I love and make them live near me! ha.
6. This little flower in a sea of green and brown caught my eye. What a total beauty. The pattern on the petals is just incredible. and those colours. God is the ultimate artist.