1. Don't look at people and think they have a perfect life (this SO SO often catches me out). Everyone has crap they have to deal with so be kind to people. It is also helpful to remember this about people online.
2. I love living a creative life. Although there are days when I don't love it as much as others, Graphic Design was totally the right route for me.
3. Since being married I have known for sure that I am an extrovert (it has been confirmed because my husband is an introvert). I know I need to make sure I don't go too long without quality time with people to refresh me...otherwise I start to go a bit crazy.
4. Some friendships won't last forever and that is ok, some of them will.
5. Boundaries are so important! I know this one is going to be a lifelong lesson for me, but I can see how far I have come already - (maybe I need to do a whole blog post on boundaries).
6. Don't wait until things are perfect, just get started and embrace the journey, even the messy not so pretty bits.
7. Know yourself. Learning to understand yourself and why you behave and respond in particular ways can really help you to change and be better.
8. Tell people how much you love them.
9. Be grateful for what you have - who knows how long you will have it for.
10. Change can be hard but it's best to get used to it and embrace it because it will keep happening
11. It is always good to try and see things from other people's perspective. This doesn't come that naturally to me, but my mum is always great at reminding me to do this.
12. You can't do everything and so learning to say no is very important. I think this will be a lifelong lesson for me too but I am getting better.
13. Don't take yourself too seriously. Learning to laugh at yourself and make fun of yourself makes life a lot easier...and more fun!
14. Make lists of things you are thankful for. The fact is life isn't fair, but often you have so so much to be thankful for. It totally changes your attitude if you focus on what you do have rather than what you don't.
15. Make lots of plans but also be flexible, it is great to have plans but it's also good to be able to go with the flow when things change - and they often do!
16. Make time for fun. It feels so good to spend an evening just laughing a lot with friends!