I have spotted quite a few people doing these sort of lists on blogs all around the place and it seems like such a great way of giving a little snap shot of life at that moment and also documenting it. Anyway I thought I would give it a go and see how it went. If I get into it maybe I will make it a regular feature or maybe it will get a bit boring…but hey I like trying new things!
Making: lots of prints to sell in my new etsy shop. So excited to hopefully launch it in Sept. Still so much work to do
Cooking: things with our own home grown courgettes! We picked our first ones the other day and looking forward to sampling them this evening with dinner
Watching: lots of things on Amazon prime instant video – usually in the middle of the night when I can’t sleep due to coughing fits. (looks like I might have whooping cough!)
Reading: The most wonderful book given to me by a friend for my birthday. Its called ‘One thousand gifts’ by Ann Voskamp – and the tag line which I love is ‘A dare to live fully right where you are’ – I need to learn that for sure.
Wearing: A couple of new clothes that I got for our holiday next week (woohoo!)
Noticing: that we are living a better pace of life these days. We still have a lot of work to do to get the right balance but have been feeling very happy and content the last few months.
Thinking: about ways that we can be better with our money. Trying to get into better habit of spending less.
Grateful: for a husband who looks after me so well when I am sick!
Starting: to take on some more freelance jobs after a break earlier this year. If you have any design needs and fancy working with me – let me know!
Obsessed: with avocado’s – seriously can’t get enough of them.
Looking: for the perfect black maxi dress. Haven’t found it yet but the hunt is on. I want to really simplify my wardrobe this year and have lots of simple and classic pieces that will last a long time.
Wanting: to meet a new little man that has just arrived into the world. Even though I haven’t met him yet I love him already!
Enjoying: gardening. Seriously never thought I would say that, but there is something so satisfying and exciting seeing something you have planted grow.
Loving: the fact that I will be seeing lots of family that I don’t get to see very often soon.
Dreaming: about having my feet in the sand and swimming in the sea in a couple of weeks time.
So – I sort of fell off the blogging bandwagon this last month. I have not been very well..I went away and in the mix of life and just trying to get better the blog fell by the wayside. I have kind of missed it but at the same time it was kind of nice to have a break too. I thought to kick start myself back into it I would do a little mood board for some Monday inspiration. I am going on holiday in a couple of weeks so there is lots to cram in before we go…but hopefully I will be able to resume slightly more regular posting now!
I decided to go black and white again for this mood board…because I don’t know why but my b&w pinterest board has been inspiring me so much recently.
In other news I wish I was Audrey Tatou. also that Tree pattern is wall paper – that would look amazing.
Happy Monday all.
There has been a serious lack of posting this past week due to a bit of sickness and this post is late due to technical problems (ahem broken charger that just miraculously fixed itself!) but there were definitely little things I loved this week. Here are some of them…
1. This print on my new shirt
2. Evening sunlight on the way to dinner.
3. A new hair cut
4. This mural on the side of a house in Brixton
5. This poppy that just popped out of nowhere in our garden!
This week I continued my birthday celebrations (NM teases me that my birthday always lasts for about a month). We spent time in the garden looking after our plants, we cooked lots of yummy food, had a bbq, chilled out with friends, drank mojitos and just generally had a lovely time. Here are some of the little things I loved this week:
1. I made a quinoa salad the other day for the first time (after having an amazing one in a restaurant) and I have to say I am totally addicted to the stuff. This is the recipe I used and it was sooo good. I have to admit that I have a bit of an addictive personality when it comes to food. Recently my addiction has been avocado’s and now quinoa has top spot. I’m thankful that I am addicted to something pretty healthy for a change!
2. This tote bag that the lovely Chloe bought me for my birthday. I had been looking out for a new one.
3. This world cup wallchart design by the epic crispin finn that now adorns our walls. NM is a tricky person to buy gifts for, but as soon as I saw this I knew he would love it.
4. The smell of this pomegranate and mint candle
5. These birthday cards that I made with old scraps of paper I had collected. I love how it feels to make things and also use things up.
After being inspired last week by the collages of Laura Redburn this week I stumbled across the work of Raul Lazaro on Fubiz and fell in love. These collages are so beautiful. This cloud series is one of my favourites but he has a few series that are really cool. His website is just a treasure trove of stunning collages but there are also a few bits of design and branding work. Some people are just so talented. I would recommend spending some time getting lost in Raul’s work. I want to cover my walls in his collages. What I love though is when artists inspire me to create. Sadly I usually end up thinking about these things for a long time before actually DO-ing but I am really itching to experiment in making my own collages. In other news, I got a lino kit for my birthday so I have got a lot of exciting printing activities to look forward to.
We had a lovely chilled bank holiday weekend…sadly not too much sunshine on offer but when there was some we rushed out to a local park and it couldn’t have been more perfect. This park was full of life and colour and sitting in the sun on a bench by the little pond was idyllic. Even the petals that had fallen on the ground looked amazing and I love the ombre effect that is created. I find plants and nature so inspiring.
I am a little bit in love with my black and white pinterest board at the moment. I did a black and white mood board before but fancied doing another…and I can’t even describe how much pleasure this collection of images brought me today. I feel like they represent little quiet captures of peace and beauty. The top quote totally sums up what my head and life is like most of the time and the ‘Listen’ type is reminding me to do just that. I have always been a talker and I love to talk and be listened to…but I am really trying to learn the value of being a listener and not a talker.
These images can be found in these places….from top left going clockwise > 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / (couldn’t find credit for number 2 so if anyone knows let me know and I will updated it) You can also these and more on my b&w pinterest board. I have also been working on some black and white prints recently so hopefully will be featuring some of my own work soon.
I am currently enjoying another bank holiday weekend, and celebrating my birthday! 29! Can’t believe I only have one year left of my twenties and then it is the big 30. I feel a little scared about it. Like does 30 mean I have to get really serious and grow up? I hope not. Here are some of the little things that I loved this past week (mainly this weekend).
3. Giggles with these two while celebrating the birth of one of my all time best buddies.
5. These new leopard print shoes.
A couple of months ago I discovered the blog of Laura Redburn called Cardboardcities and I have been an avid follower ever since and I really love her work. (I think I also feel like we should be friends as she lives in Cardiff and that is where I am from!) She creates wonderful collages and beautiful patterns and I just love when she posts what she has been working on. I find her blog honest and refreshing and it just inspires me to do more and better work. Here are some things I have been loving from her blog but check out her portfolio and beautiful shop on Society6 and on Bigcartel and I would recommend following her on instagram and twitter.
One of my goals with this Little Loves series was not only to appreciate the little everyday things going on around me but to also work on my photography. I have to confess I have been lazy…and up until now most of the images in this series have been taken on my iphone. Sometimes you can get really nice images with the iphone..and I love having a decent quality camera always in my pocket…but I know they could be better. This week I got out the DSLR and made a little more of an effort. I hope you can tell. Anyway here are the little things that I loved over this past week – I hope you all had a good week too.
1. We recently started getting a veg box from Riverford. Our second delivery arrived very early on Friday morning and I have never been this excited about veg in my life. We decided to get the veg box to encourage us to eat more veg…and since we don’t like wasting food it seems to be working!
2. In my big ongoing sort-out I found lots of old maps that I had collected. I went through them and decided which ones I want to keep and potentially hang on the wall and which ones I was happy to cut up. With those I made envelopes. This was one if my favourites. I think I might sell them on my etsy shop…or I might just use them myself to send letters.
3. Sitting in the warm sun in my pyjamas one morning made me very happy.
4. We should totally have picked these before they flowered but our chives have beautiful purple flowers on them at the moment.
5. Had a very creative and productive weekend creating prints and also preparing packing tubes. Am working hard to get my etsy shop back up and running. Still a lot of work to do but I am more excited about it than ever.